Full Time Bus Driver
LOCATION: Watertown Wisconsin
REPORTS TO: Operations Manager
EMPLOYEE STATUS: Full-time
Responsible for providing safe, efficient on-time transportation services for School Districts and families across the state of Wisconsin. This skilled full time driver must be certified to drive all sizes and varieties of school buses in our fleet, and must be comfortable servicing different districts in our footprint. The successful individual must be sufficiently available full time hours to meet operational scheduling needs. School bus needs are usually Monday through Friday but can in some cases include Saturday or Sunday hours. Complies with all Federal, State, Department of Transportation (DOT), Local, and Go Riteway Driving Regulations and practices to ensure safety of driver, students, passengers, and public. Provides courteous and attentive service that meets the customer’s expectations. Monitors condition of the vehicle to make sure it is in working order and reports malfunctions. Projects a positive image of oneself and the organization to customers, general public, airport officials, co-workers and supervisors.
Key Results Areas
1. Provides service-oriented transportation that is safe, efficient and on-time. (75 %)
- Reads maps, route sheets and follows written and verbal geographic directions to ensure efficient vehicle operation and on-time arrival.
- Ensures the safety of passengers, the public and the driver by complying with traffic regulations and using safe driving practices.
- Maintains order among students or passengers to assure safety and comfort.
- Provides a degree of service that is reflected in customer satisfaction
- Follows all federal, state, and local laws, regulations and GO Riteway policies and others as defined.
- Projects a positive image of oneself and the organization by appropriate attire, conversation and behavior.
2. Prepares documents and reports accurately and on-time to Supervisor/designated Staff (5%)
- Completes daily Pre- and Post- trip Vehicle Inspections using identified checklists on all assignments.
- Reports vehicle malfunctions or needed repairs promptly by completing the appropriate forms and submitting them to identified terminal staff.
- Prepare and submit reports that may include time sheets, trip reports, fuel consumption, passenger counts or other identified paperwork on time and correctly.
- Competently and efficiently uses technology to accomplish work assignments to include computers, tablets, and other tools.
3. Works collaboratively with Operations Management to support efficient operations (20%)
- Able and available to operate a School Bus wherever needed in the GO Riteway footprint
- Accepts and carries out driving assignments to meet operational needs across the business
- Able to assist in Dispatch, Shop, Office, Job Fairs, Recruitment activities, or other tasks in order to complete a full time schedule during non-school time periods.
Minimum age of 21 years and with minimum 2-3 years Commercial Driver’s License driving experience. Be medically qualified and eligible to hold a Federal Medical Card. A Motor Vehicle Report is reviewed as part of the hiring process.
Hold and/ maintain a valid Commercial Wisconsin Driver’s License with Passenger (P), and School bus (S) endorsements with the Airbrake restriction lifted.
Be safety conscious with a clean driving record to meet company guidelines.
Report to work free from the effects of drugs, legal or prescription that may impair the ability to perform the job duties. Successfully pass a company-sponsored lift test. Driver must be able to lift 50-70lbs safely.
Pass a company-sponsored Department of Transportation physical, pre-employment drug screening.
Able to work a full time flexible schedule that involves 7 days a week (holidays and weekends) and shift work.
Is focused, confident and observant. Provides service to customers that creates value to the customer, reflects recognition of their needs and expectations and builds relationships. Uses interpersonal skills to understand the needs of external customers and co-workers.
Relates well to co-workers, managers and customers. Clearly communicates information to others.
Perform other duties as necessary
Varied driving experiences that include day trips, extended trips, etc.
Experience driving for a service-oriented company.
Experience driving large vehicles that may include flat trucks, school bus, semi-trucks, etc.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Competitive wage; health, dental, vision and life insurance. Additional voluntary benefits (Short Term Disability, Accident, Critical Illness/Cancer); 401(k) retirement with company match. Paid vacation, holiday and sick time; additional voluntary purchase vacation program.
We GO the Extra Mile!