About Cardinal Buses, Inc.:
We have full time and part time positions available. Weekends, day trips and overnight charters. If you have availability, let’s talk! We are Cardinal Buses, LLC., a family owned and operated charter bus company that traces its origin back to 1923 with facilities in Middlebury Indiana and Holland Michigan in addition to our newest facility in Mishawaka Indiana. Our fleet of modern motor-coaches have seating capacities from 24-56 passengers as well as having select units with lifts and wheelchair attachment accessories to accommodate handicapped passengers.
All Cardinal motor coach drivers receive ongoing training and are monitored by a full time safety director to insure that they comply with all state and federal charter bus regulations. Cardinal’s preventive maintenance program is second to none. Both our Middlebury and Holland facilities are staffed with professional motor-coach maintenance technicians to keep our equipment in top mechanical condition.
Whether you are traveling across town or across the country, your tour group is sure to enjoy the Cardinal charter bus company experience. You will travel in complete confidence knowing you and your tour group will receive safe, comfortable, courteous charter bus service from your friends at Cardinal Buses, Inc.
- Have current CDL class A or B with passenger endorsement and minimum of 1 year driving experience.
- Be able to pass DOT drug screen and physical
- Be able to pass background check
- Be willing to drive multi-day, overnight and weekend trips
- Have clean driving record with no more than 2 pts.
- Provide us with 10 year previous work history
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs pre-trip inspections for safety related and other defects as required.
- Must be willing to work with a variety of customers to satisfy their needs and requests, resolving customer issues to their satisfaction.
- Must complete all paperwork prescribed by the company and Federal guidelines, including driver’s daily logs and Driver Vehicle Inspection Reports (DVIR) in a timely fashion.
- Read and understand paperwork given for driver information.
- Must have map reading abilities.
- Communicate any mechanical issues with designated coach to maintenance supervisor.
- Maintain professional appearance and demeanor at all times while on duty or in company uniform as well as high standard of personal hygiene.
- Must be able to read, write and communicate in English.
- Paid Holidays (Full Time employees only): New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day
- Paid Vacation: Full Time employees receive 12 paid days. Time is accrued at 3.69 hours per pay period.
- Health Insurance
- Part Time employees are eligible for insurance if they average working a minimum of 30 hours/week
- All drivers are eligible for Safety Bonus based on number of days worked in quarter.
- 401K with 3% company match. Part time employees are eligible if they work 1000 hours annually after one year of service.
Applications also accepted in person at:
Cardinal Buses, Inc.
2525 Day Rd.
Mishawaka, IN 46545
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- bus driving: 1 year (Required)
- CDL B with Passenger Endorsement (Required)